One of the best things about overnight oats is how easy they are to customize! Whether you need them to be vegan, gluten-free, or lower in sugar, the swaps are simple and require no extra effort.
- ⅓ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Rolled Oats heaping
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Blueberries fresh or frozen, see notes
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds or ground flax meal
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- add pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or honey
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a pint or half-liter jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, before eating.
If you go the frozen route, you will want to back off on the added milk just a touch—by about a tablespoon—since the fruit will release some liquid as it defrosts.