If you are like most people you have very little time to cook you and your family healthy dinners. Well the times of turning to the fast food drive thru are over! Welcome SHEET PAN DINNERS! One pan with everything on it, one cook time, set it and forget it cooking, and clean-up like a breeze! These dinners are a miracle!
One of my favourite one pan dinners is lemon, garlic salmon and veggies!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- 1lb of wild-caught salmon, cut into fillets
- 1 bushel of asparagus
- ½ tsp. dried dill, 1tbsp of fresh dill
- ½ tsp. garlic powder, 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2-3tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
1.Preheat your oven t 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Wash and cut your veggies of choice, asparagus.
- Ensure if you are using a root vegetable, such as sweet potatoes, that you slice them very thin so they cook the same time as everything else on the pan.
3. On one side of the sheet pan, spread all your veggies, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings
- I used garlic, salt and pepper
4. On the second side of the sheet pan, place your salmon fillets, drizzle with olive oil and spices
- I used garlic, salt, pepper and dill
5. Take lemon slices and place 1-2 on each salmon fillet
- If you do not have fresh lemon slices, sprinkle salmon fillets with some lemon juice instead.
6. Place entire pan in the oven and forget it for 20 minutes!
7. After 20 minutes, check the salmon for doneness. If it flakes easily with a fork and is no longer opaque, it is finished. At this point the veggies should be done as well. If you are using root veggies and they are not yet tender, you can return them to the oven for an extra 5-10 minutes until fork tender.
If you like this recipe it can be used with SO many different varieties of proteins, veggies and spices! Try it with chicken, steak or trout. Bell peppers, asparagus, carrots, broccoli. Maple Garlic, teriyaki, lime chili. The possibilities are endless, delicious and easy!
Snap a picture of your version and tell us how it went!