Salmon Mango Bango
The exotic, tropical tang of the fruit and the richness of the wild salmon work wonderfully together. The 'bango' comes from the spicy sweet pepper jam I use to bind the fresh mango relish."
- 1 Mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper and ancho chili pepper jam
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir mango, lime juice, pepper jam, and cilantro together in a bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for relish flavors to combine, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until oil begins to smoke.
- Place salmon, flesh-side down, in the hot skillet and cook until edges are just starting to cook through, about 2 minutes. Flip fillets, remove skillet from heat, and let fillets sit in the hot pan until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and top with chilled mango relish.
Per Serving: 307 calories; 11.6 g fat; 27 g carbohydrates; 25.1 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 211 mg sodium. Thanks to AllRecipes.com for this plate of deliciousness. WATCH the chef making this dish.