Rush Soccer Summer Speed Training Program
Powered by SST Oakville
Attention Rush Soccer Players who want to continue improving your SPEED
This program is designed for any Rush Soccer athlete who wants to increase their Soccer Speed to help them dominate on the Pitch. Sport Speed is made up of the highly tuned skills of speed, quickness, agility, power and change of direction. These are Speed skills that can be developed with the proper training and program design to help you in your upcoming season!
The mechanics of speed that an athlete must develop in order to optimize playing ability include:
- Linear Speed - the average straight-ahead speed sprint is 5 - 10 yards.
- Lateral Change of Direction Speed. - athletes must be able to move quickly in any direction throughout a game. The key element is to be able to maintain high speed through all these changes of direction.
- Avoidance - players must be able to start and stop quickly to avoid the opponent without losing any momentum!
- Power & Acceleration - athletes must be able to build to their top speed very quickly and frequently throughout the game.
- In order to help our athletes acquire these attributes, SST has developed FAST- the ultimate SPEED program
The SST 6-STEP PROGRAM FOR SPORT SPEED
- Speed Drills
Athletes will learn form-running drills to enhance linear and lateral speed. A multitude of drills!
- Power Development
Power is defined as "the rate of force x strength".
- Acceleration Training
The key to winning games is a player's ability to get from one spot to another in the shortest amount of time.
- Quickness & Agility
Quickness and Agility includes the ability to react, recognize, and then move in the right direction while maintaining optimal high speed.
- Footwork Drills
SST athletes will be introduced to the speed and agility ladders to improve all aspects of footwork.
- Dynamic Flexibility
Flexibility is one of the most under looked at aspects of training but it is one of the easiest ways to improve performance. A longer muscle will contract more completely thus generating more force.
Enrollment is Limited
Places in this intense results-driven program are limited so don't waste any time. Register today to reserve your place and get ready for results.
Sheridan College Oakville – Athletic Field , 1430 Trafalgar Road , Oakville , Ontario
May 2 – May 27 – Session # 1 and Session #2 June 2 – August – 29 ( No Sessions – July 1 and Aug 1 )
Wednesday night – 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – ( groups will be split by age )
$ 99.00 + HST per athlete per 8 week session (cheque payable to: SST Oakville)
Please Get in Contact
Sports Specific Training – Oakville
505 Iroquois Shore Rd , Unit # 12
Oakville , ON
L7N 1M5 L6H-2R3
Call us: (905) 338-1500
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018 Sports Specific Training Inc.