Everyone know that breakfast is the MOST important meal of the day, and yet we still struggle to find time to get good nutritious food into our bodies before we head out the door for our day
This breakfast prep recipe not only packs a protein PUNCH but is also full of veggies, and makes mornings SO much easier. Once finished, this recipe can be divided, wrapped in parchment paper and frozen, so they are ready for a quick reheat on your busy weekday mornings. You can have the omelette heated up by itself or can make breakfast sandwiches by adding them to an English muffin; great for the kids to carry while running off to school!!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Total Time: 40-55 minutes
- 1-2 tbsp of Organic Grass-fed Butter
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 medium head of Broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 – 1 ½ cup of cooked Chicken, cubed
- ½ cup of shreddedCheddar Cheese
- ½ cup of Milk or Milk Substitute
- 12 Free-range Organic Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a 10-inch baking dish with parchment paper
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium heat; cook garlic, onion, bell peppers, and broccoli until softened, about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, beat all eggs and milk together. Can use whisk or hand mixer
- Stir in cheese, vegetable mixture and cubed chicken; season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour mixture into prepared dish
- Bake until eggs are golden brown and puffy and solid in the middle; about 35-40 minutes.
- Time will vary depending on oven, I have had this recipe take as long as an hour to bake through
Serve on its own with chopped chives and avocado or on an English muffin for breakfast that moves with you!
Serve fresh out of the oven to a crowd or freeze for easy breakfasts on the go. Good to freeze for 2-3 months. Wrap sectioned omelette in a damp paper towel, parchment paper and put into large Ziplock bag. To reheat, remove parchment paper, place in microwave with the paper towel on; reheat for about 60-90 seconds or until heated through.
You can personalize the recipe with veggies and protein your family love. Some great substitutes are mushrooms, carrots, eggplant, spinach, green onion, asparagus, leeks, bacon, turkey, sausage, feta cheese, ham.
Try is out yourself and tell us how it went!