Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 plus 1/2 cup oat flour 140g
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 tbsp regular sugar unrefined if desired
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or more if desired
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 3-5 tbsp milk of choice as needed
Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients and mix very well. Add wet, and form into a big ball.
Now make little balls from the big one. For soft cookies, refrigerate until cold (otherwise, just bake right away). Bake for 7 minutes.
Remove from oven when they’re still a little undercooked, then it’s important to let cool 10 minutes before removing from the tray, as they’ll continue to cook while cooling. They should have spread out, but every now and then they might not (climate plays a huge role in baking), so just smush down with a spoon if needed.
You can also choose to make extra cookie dough balls and freeze them to bake at a later date.
For softer cookies, store in a lidded plastic container. For crispier cookies, store in a lidded glass container.