Exploding Tuna, Broccoli and Cheddar Sweet Potato Skins
- 2 sweet potatoes about 700 g, scrubbed
- 1-1/2 cups 375 mL broccoli florets
- 2 cans each 170 g PC Wild Albacore Flaked White Tuna , drained
- 1/4 cup 50 ml finely chopped celery
- 3 tbsp 45 ml unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp 45 ml PC Blue Menu Light Mayonnaise Type Dressing
- 1 tbsp 15 ml Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup 150 ml PC Blue Menu Light Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with foil.
Prick sweet potatoes with a fork. Spray with cooking spray to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake in centre of oven for 1 hour or until tender.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Stir in tuna, celery, pumpkin seeds, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Stir in ½ cup (125 mL) of the cheese.
Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise and return to baking sheet, cut side up. Spoon tuna mixture over each potato half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly.
Thanks to http://www.presidentschoice.ca/ for the recipe.