Lamb Meatballs with Mint Pesto
Rich and flavourful, a great alternative to your standard meatball.
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb ground lamb turkey or chicken
- 1 tsp. each of sea salt pepper, garlic powder, oregano
- 1 egg whisked
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 packed cups of mint leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine lamb and spices in a mixing bowl. Add in egg & stir in evenly. Form mixture into golf ball-sized pieces. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 mins. Serve with mint pesto.
Pesto: Pulse mint & walnuts in food processor. Add oil, lemon juice, lemon zest & salt. Blend until smooth.
You can also replace the Lamb with TVP (textured vegetable protein)