This is the time of year everyone is on the New Year’s Kick and their resolution. As many of you know I am not big believer of this and offer specials etc.
Why? It takes 30 days to form a habit and 80% will fail.
One of main reasons is that people like to be accountable to someone (I will have more on this later)
Can’t eat after 7pm and not again till noon the next day
Why is this important- 2 reasons:
- Intermittent fasting (IF) works- I believe we as a society indulge too much – right or wrong. I am not saying that you can’t indulge but I inform my clients that they can indulge 20% of the time.
Some of the benefits of IF include:
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
- The body becomes more sensitive to the effects of insulin… less insulin secretion per meal… lower blood glucose and insulin levels!
- Promotes autophagy.
- Regular bodily process where damaged, old, and dysfunctional proteins are consumed by the body. Think of renovating your kitchen, you need to tear away all the old culverts before installing new ones!
- Elevates Growth Hormone production.
- GH is very important hormone for body composition, because it releases stored fat and preserves muscle during fasting.
- Reduced systemic inflammation
- Inflammation occurs in the body after exposure to a variety of stimuli, including viruses, injury, certain foods, and even exercise. Chronic inflammation is a precursor to atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease, and other harmful diseases
A great method when using IF is too fast for 24 hours once per week- doing this will melt that body fat!
Tip 2- Increase GH levels
Another reason I firmly believe that you need to stop eating at 7pm for reason #3- Increased Growth hormone (GH) production. Elevated GH production burns body fat! The best methods to increase GH are thru intermittent fasting, sleep and strength training! If you are having a hard time sleeping maybe review your eating habits at night- any sugar consumption late at night STOPS GH production!
Tip 3- SLEEP!
A long term study (16 Years!) of more than 68,000 women found those who slept less than 5 hours per night were significantly more likely to gain weight than those who slept 7 hours or more per night. In fact, the women who slept less than 5 hours per night gained 30 or more pounds over the course of the 16-year study period
Sleep is so important for increased GH production and decreased cortisol levels. We have already discussed the importance of increased GH levels. Lack of sleep increases cortisol production as it is a major stressor on your body. An increased level of Cortisol has a direct correlation with storage of abdominal fat. I have some bad news for Women who already have bigger midsection – they tend to produce more cortisol. SORRY!!
As we mentioned in the intro – Goals are better achieved with accountability. Especially, with Nutrition and fitness. One way to help you this is my NEW VIP Fat Loss program. You will work personally with me and only me to achieve your results in 12 weeks. What else is great about this: I want you to join with a friend – 2 for 1! Thus you have TWO people to be accountable too…trust me it works. The only limitation is this- I can only take on 8 clients- 8 ONLY- If you are interested please private message me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find our more details please click here (write up will come).
Next week I will bring you part 2 of the Dawg’s tip of Belly Fat loss!