On warm spring days, this salad will bring you a little closer to summer. Fresh and won't weigh you down for the rest of your busy day.
- 1 7 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved (or cherry tomatoes)
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup light dill ranch dressing (if you want to make your own dressing recipe follows or us plain
- light ranch and add fresh dill)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dill Ranch Dressing
- small shallot peeled
- ¾ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Making the dressing:
With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped.
Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, milk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary (~3 min). Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides; add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.
Place chickpeas and chopped cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion, dressing and pepper in a medium bowl.
Mix with dressing until coated.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Total Calories 157
Carbohydrate 29 g
Total Fat 2 g
Protein 6 g
Fiber 5 g
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 0
Tips and Hints:
• You can add many other vegetables to chick peas salad. Try
adding carrots, peppers, green or red pepper, broccoli or
• For a protein boost you can add cooked lean back bacon or