Baked Avocado Fries
Baked avocado fries are coated with a delicious almond crust. The creamy chipotle dipping sauce is a must! Give this paleo and gluten free recipe a try!
- Avocado fries:
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 large avocado ripe but firm
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- Chipotle Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking dish with parchment paper and spray the parchment with oil.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate. Remove the pit with a spoon. With your fingers, gently peel the skin off. Cut the peeled avocado into wedges, as shown in the video below.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond meal, kosher salt, garlic powder and chili powder.
- In another small bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Dip each avocado slice in the beaten egg, then dredge in the seasoned almond meal on all sides. Use one hand for the egg bowl and the second hand for the flour.
- Place the coated avocado fries on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray them with avocado oil. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the baked avocado fries to a serving platter. Serve immediately, with the chipotle dipping sauce.